The Master of Science in Translational Medicine (MSTM) is a two-year KGI–Irell and Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences at City of Hope (IMGS) joint program. Graduates will be uniquely positioned to begin research laboratory careers国产偷拍视频 in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, clinical or academic laboratories, or pursue further education at the doctoral level, medical education, or both.
This program provides students with an applied research experience and an in-depth understanding of how to translate basic research into medical products from the perspectives of both academic research (discovery) and downstream commercial development.
MS in Translational Medicine Program Learning Outcomes:
- Generate hypotheses and perform hypothesis-driven research
- Design research and methodology, and analyze and report data results
- Assess the literature, identify knowledge gaps, and convey findings to the scientific community
- Plan the translation of basic science and engineering discoveries into products and processes that benefit society
- Communicate effectively in an industry environment composed of scientists, engineers, and business professionals
- Adhere to ethical principles in research, development, and business issues inherent in the bioscience industries
- Tackle complex problems and contribute productively on an interdisciplinary team
Where Can Your MSTM Degree Take You?
Here are the top occupations for KGI graduates from the MSTM program:
- Research and development
- Medical and health services
- Natural sciences managers
- Clinical research coordinators
- Technical writers
- Clinical manager
- Clinical trial manager
- Medical writer
- Medical science liaison
- Clinical operations manager
Stepping stone to doctoral degrees
KGI-IMGS Program Directors
Anastasia Levitin, PhD
Professor of Practice in Translational Medicine
KGI Henry E. Riggs School of Applied Life Sciences
Yilun Liu, PhD
Associate Professor, Associate Chair, Department of Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics
Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope
View the list of Faculty and Research Mentors at City of Hope
Ready for What’s Next?
If there’s anything we can do, be sure to connect with our admissions team. You can also check out more information on and how to apply.
Interested in the MSTM program?
Complete this form to receive more information!